Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Earth Day plants and things

I took my clients on an outing to a Green Fest at SWIC in mid April. It was pretty small, but they were giving away red pine trees.


Then I took the day off, but still met Mary and our clients in Forest Park for the Earth Day Festival. If you have never been, you need to go! It was crowded of course, but you get lots of free stuff and all the food is organic and delicious!

I did a tree scavenger hunt and got a free pink flower to plant for completing the hunt! The stick in the picture below is a flowering bush that I got too.

Then the next day I started planting stuff at Mike's house. Here I started a lot of seed packets I got.

A plant my mom had at work....

And the three plants I had.

I bought a vase and decided to start keeping fresh flowers in my house since I don't have anywhere to plant any.

Got orange roses of course...

The seedlings popping up a week or so later....

The stick starting to sprout....

Hopefully my mom will decide on a place to permanently plant these after all the rain stops and before they die....

No comments:

Post a Comment