Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chicken broccoli and rice, new shoes and Easter eggs

I found some new recipes that called for broccoli because I've had a bunch of frozen broccoli for the longest time, and nothing to do with it. So first you cook some Zatarain's yellow rice...
Cook some chicken...

Cut it up into small pieces....

Layer everything with the broccoli...

I don't even remember what this step was...possibly cream of chicken soup???

Add a bunch of cheddar...

And top with bread crumbs....

Done. It was really good and also reheated well....as have all of the other things I made with broccoli.

I have also been finding a lot of cute spring shoes. I usually hate shoes, but I found these new flats for work.

The blue ones were supposed to go with my Easter dress for church...which never really happened.

I haven't dyed eggs since I was a kid and have never done it by myself. So here is my try at it.

I got a tie dye kit (of course) which required you to wrap the egg in a wet cloth and put it in this plastic case with holes poked in it. Then you use a dropper to add colors inside the holes.

The tie dye thing worked, but the eggs weren't very bright. So I invented a new way to make cool designs. Plus I tried to write names on the eggs with a crayon...and that didn't work either so I don't know what I did wrong.

I stole some of those pantyhose footies from the shoe store (when I was getting the flats), put the egg down in one and tied it off. Then I rolled it around in different colors of dye.

This created a sort of ombre effect with a starburst at the spot where the gathered part of the toe was.

No comments:

Post a Comment