Monday, October 19, 2009

Quotes Vol. 6

"O what may man within him hide, though angel on the outward side." ~ William Shakespeare

"You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back." ~ Barbara De Angelis

"If you don't daydream and kind of plan things out in your imagination, you never get there. So you have to start someplace." ~ Robert Duvall

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." ~ George Eliot

"Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." ~ Robert Frost

"The meaning of life is finding your gift, the purpose of life is giving it away." ~ Joy J. Golliver

"We can embrace love, it's not too late. Why do we sleep, instead, with hate? Belief requires no suspension to see that Hell is our invention. We make Hell real, we stoke its fires. And in its flames our hope expires. Heaven, too, is merely our creation. We can grant ourselves our own salvation. All that's required is imagination." ~ The Book of Counted Sorrows

"How we feel lonely, sometimes to the point of tears, but we don't let those tears come because we are not supposed to cry. Or how we feel a surge of love for a partner but we don't say anything because we're frozen with the fear of what those words might do to the relationship." ~ Tuesdays With Morrie

"Rush headlong and hard at life. Or just sit at home and wait. All things good and all the wrong will come right to you: it's fate. Hear the music, dance if you can. Dress in rags or wear your jewels. Drink your choice, nurse your fear in this old honky tonk of fools." ~ The Book of Counted Sorrows

"On the road that I taken, one day, walking, I awaken, amazed to see where I have come, where I'm going, where I'm from. This is not the path I thought. This is not the place I sought. This is not the dream I bought, just a fever of fate I've caught. I'll change highways in a while, at the crossroads, one more mile. My path is lit by my own fire. I'm going only where I desire. On the road that I have taken, one day, walking, I awaken. One day, walking, I awaken, on the road that I have taken." ~ The Book of Counted Sorrows

"The less they noticed you, the more you got them on the brain." ~ Lust by Susan Minot

"Enjoy yourself. These are the good old days you're going to miss in the years ahead."

"You haven't been able to-to what? To open your heart. You open your legs but can't, or don't dare anymore, to open your heart." ~ Lust by Susan Minot

"There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy."

"When, with one attentive finger they tuck the hair behind your ear, you-you do everything they want." ~ Lust by Susan Minot

"The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us."

"This life has been a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do." ~ My So Called Life

"It's like you think you are safe or something cause you can just walk away anytime, cause you don't need him--you don't need anyone. But the thing you didn't realize is, you're wrong." ~ My So Called Life

"Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping, waiting. And though unwanted, unbidden, it will stir, open it's jaws and howl. It speaks to us, guides us, passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?" ~ Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief." ~ Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion, maybe we'd know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dark. Without passion we'd be truly dead." ~ Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"I know in the past I've caused you pain and I'm sorry. And I'll always be sorry 'till the day I die. And I hate this pen I'm holding because I should be holding you. I hate this paper under my hand because it isn't you. I even hate this letter because it's not the whole truth. Because the whole truth is so much more than a letter can even say. If you want to hate me, go ahead. If you want to burn this letter, do it. You could burn the whole world down, you could tell me to go to hell. I'd go, if you wanted me to. And I'd send you a letter from there." ~ My So Called Life

"What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second." ~ My So Called Life

"There's something about Sunday night that really makes you want to kill yourself. And that creepy '60 Minutes' watch that sounds like your whole life ticking away." ~ My So Called Life

"Hi! For those of you who have just tuned in, everyone here is a crazy person." ~ Buffy the Vampire Slayer

No comments:

Post a Comment