Thursday, October 15, 2009

Quotes Vol. 4

"Patience-a minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue." ~ Ambrose Bierce

"Beware the fury of a patient man." ~ John Dryden

"By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth, I sought him but I found him not." ~ Song of Solomon 3:1

"To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a little better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition, to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Mine eye trickleth down and ceaseth not without any intermission." ~ Lamentations 3:49

"The most important things are the hardest things to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them-words shrink things that seemed limitless when they were in your head to no more than living size when they're brought out. But it's more than that, isn't it? The most important things lie too close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while you were saying it. That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller but for want of an understanding ear." ~ The Body by Steven King

"But he knoweth the way that I take when he hath tried me I shall come forth as gold." ~ Job 23:10

"Wisdom has two parts: 1. having a lot to say, and 2. Not saying it." ~ Dove Promises

"Put that marzipan in your pie plate bingo." ~ Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Your lips speak soft sweetness. Your touch a cool caress. I am lost in your magic. My heart beats within your chest. I think of you each morning. And dream of you each night. I think of your arms being around me. And cannot express my delight. Never have I fallen. But I am quickly on my way. You hold a heart in your hands. That has never before been given away." ~ Rex A. Williams

"I'm here but I'm really gone." ~ Alanis Morrissette

"Happiness fades, sadness is forever." ~ Johanna Schmitz

"Well I remember when I used to do banks, I remember I used to do bouillon vaults. What am I doing now? I'm breaking into paper bags." ~ Noises Off

"I'm lost but I'm hopeful." ~ Alanis Morrissette

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." ~ Robert Byrne

"Men seek to propogate widely, whereas women seek to propogate wisely." ~ Robert Hinde

"I hate the way you talk to me and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick it even makes me rhyme. I hate the way you're always right I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you not even close not even a little bit not even at all." ~ 10 Things I Hate About You

"The optimist proclaims we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears that this is true." ~ James Cabell

"Those bitches." ~ Candice

"I'm afraid nothing's ever gonna make sense again...Maybe life's not supposed to make sense." ~ The Man in the Moon

"Men are more anxious to copulate than a donkey."

"What's with the blues dude?" ~ Casey

"But I don't want to be a pie." ~ Andrew

"Don't be afraid to use your wrist." ~ Roger

"At first I was afraid, I was petrified, kept thinking I could never live without you by my side. But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong, and I grew strong." ~ Gloria Gaynor

No comments:

Post a Comment