Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Quotes Vol. 2

"Sometimes you have to grow apart to grow together." ~ Kevin Arnold

"All I know is I gotta be where my heart says I ought to be. It often makes no sense, in fact, I never understand these things I feel." ~ Ben Folds Five

"Some people will say that you are going the wrong way when it is simply a way of your own."

"We don't know what the future holds, but we know who holds the future."

"Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers, the next you're gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you for a life long haul." ~ Kevin Arnold

"O Lord my God in thee do I put my trust save me from all them that persecute me and deliver me." ~ Psalm 7:1

"Life is a gift that must be given back, and joy should arise from its posession. It's too damned short, and that's a fact. Hard to accept, this earthly procession to final darkness is a journey done, circle completed, work of art sublime, a sweet melodic rhyme, a battle won." ~ The Book of Counted Sorrows

"I am weary with my groaning all the night make I my bed to swim I water my couch with my tears." ~ Psalm 6:6

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." ~ Carl Sagan

"I will both lay me down in peace and sleep for thou Lord only makest me dwell in safety." ~ Psalm 4:8

"Turn not thy face from Death away. Care not he takes our breath away. Fear him not, he's not thy master, rushing at thee faster, faster. Not thy master but servant the Maker of thee, what or Who created Death, created thee--and is the only mystery." ~ The Book of Counted Sorrows

"My friends scorn me but mine eye poureth out tears unto God." ~ Job 16:20

"All days are nights to see till I see thee, and nights bright days when dreams do show thee me." ~ William Shakespeare

"People talking without speaking, people hearing without listening, people writing songs that voices never share, and no one dare disturb the sound of silence." ~ Simon & Garfunkel

"Love is so short, and forgetting so long." ~ Pablo Neruda

"You've got to dance like nobody's watching, and love like it's never going to hurt." ~ Kathy Mattea

"I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone." ~ Javan

"It's funny, isn't it, how you can be surrounded by people and be lonely, yet one person can bring infinite contentment." ~ Matthew Yearout

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." ~ William Shakespeare

"I love thee to the level of everyday's most quiet need, by the sun and candle light...I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears of all my life." ~ E.B. Browning

"The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere, they're in each other all along." ~ Jeraluddin Rumi

"If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars."

"Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be." ~ Karen Ravn

"Every night I lie awake hoding onto dreams I've lost and I wonder why I can't sleep anymore."

"You're going to have to find out where you want to go. And then you've got to start going there. But immediately, you can't afford to lose a minute." ~ JD Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I ...I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." ~ Robert Frost

"Some things are true whether you believe in them or not." ~ City of Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment