Friday, July 13, 2012

Chocolate Whoopie Pies and Frozen Hot Chocolate

First up are the whoopie pies...kinda like Oreo Cakesters.
Sifting all the dry ingredients....
 Mixing up batter...
 Ready to go...
 The directions said to put them on wax paper, but I don't know why. It really didn't make a difference.
 All the cookie halves ready to be filled...
 Making the marshmellow creme....

 All filled.
 Took them all to work and everyone loved them. They all want me to make them again already.
I've had this recipe in my recipe box for awhile, so I don't know where I got it from. But, butter was missing from the ingredients, so when it said to add the butter I had to get on allrecipes.com to figure out how much would be right. I guessed the right amount because they turned out really good.
 Next is the frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity. If you've ever seen the movie Serendipity, they go to a famous coffee/lunch spot Serendiptiy 3 in New York. They have gigantic glasses of frozen hot chocolate you can get there and I've been craving it ever since.

First heat up some sugar, butter and a pack of hot cocoa mix.
You're supposed to do this over a double boiler, but it's not necessary.
 Add in semi sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips and let everything melt.
 Also add half a can of evaporated milk
 And it will eventually all smooth out.
 Let that cool down and fill your blender with ice and the rest of the evaporated milk
 Then blend everything up.
 This recipe was from Pinterest and was delicious. It kinda tastes like pudding right after you make it, even though there's no pudding in it. It makes a whole pitcher and will freeze solid, so I suggest having a party so it can all be drunk at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment