Monday, November 16, 2009

Quotes Vol. 9

"You are everything I never knew I always wanted." ~ Fools Rush In

"I'm not asking you to forgive me. I'll never understand or forgive myself. And if a bullet gets me, so help me, I'll laugh at myself for being an idiot. There's one thing I do know...and that is that I love you. In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you. Because we're alike. Bad lots, both of us. Selfish and shrewd. But able to look things in the eyes as we call them by their right names." ~ Gone With The Wind

"Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself." ~ Good Will Hunting

"Sometimes I wish I had never met you. Because then I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there." ~ Good Will Hunting

"At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. But there are some lines... that are way too dangerous to cross." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"You know how when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales, that fantasy of what your life would be, white dress, prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill. You would lie in bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. But eventually you grow up, one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is it's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely cause almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day they will open their eyes and it will come true." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And it's not so important happy ever after, just that it's happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you, and once in a while people may even take your breath away." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"Intimacy is a four syllable word for, 'Here's my heart and soul, please grind them into hamburger, and enjoy.' It's both desired, and feared. Difficult to live with, and impossible to live without." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"I just need something to happen. I need a sign that things are going to change. I need a reason to go on. I need some hope! And in the absence of hope, I need to stay in bed and feel like I'm going to die today." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"I know I'm not a lot of things that you've gone for in the past--I know, but I would never leave you. I would never hurt you. And I will never stop loving you." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"Pain, you just have to ride it out, hope it goes away on its own, hope the wound that caused it heals. There are no solutions, no easy answers, you just breathe deep and wait for it to subside. Most of the time pain can be managed but sometimes the pain gets you where you least expect it. Hits way below the belt and doesn't let up. Pain, you just have to fight through, because the truth is you can't outrun it and life always makes more." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"I love you in a really, really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me, choose me, love me." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"Some people live their whole lives and never fall in love. I lived my life...I fell in love." ~ Here On Earth

"Well, I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains." ~ High Fidelity

"We were frightened of being left alone for the rest of our lives. Only people of a certain disposition are frightened of being alone for the rest of their lives at the age of 26, and we were of that disposition." ~ High Fidelity

"I've waited my whole life to feel this miserable. I mean, and if this is the only way I can stay connected with her, then...well, this is who I have to be." ~ Hitch

"So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows...but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them." ~ Hitch

"You know what it's like getting up every morning? Feeling hopeless, feeling like the love of your life is waking up with the wrong woman. But, at the same time hoping that he still finds happiness, even if it's never going to be with you." ~ Hitch

"Strange isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?" ~ It's A Wonderful Life

"And...it's a great thing to get what you want. It's a really good thing, unless what you thought you wanted wasn't really what you wanted...because what you really wanted you couldn't imagine or you didn't think it was possible but what if someone came along who knew exactly what you wanted without asking they just knew...like they could hear your heart beating or listen to your thoughts and what if they were sure of themselves and they didn't have to take a poll and they loved you...but you hesitated." ~ Kate & Leopold

No comments:

Post a Comment