Monday, January 25, 2010

Quotes Vol. 16

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain

"Because you're hoping you're wrong. And every time she does something that tells you she's no good, you ignore it. And ever time she comes through and surprises you, she wins you over, and you lose that argument with yourself, that she's not for you." ~ The Holiday

"Sex makes everything more complicated. Even not having it because the not having it makes it complicated." ~ The Holiday

"She seems so cool, so focused, so quiet, yet her eyes remain fixed on the horizon. You think you know all there is to know about her immediately upon meeting her, but everything you think you know is wrong. Passion flows through her like a river of blood. She only looked away for a moment, and the mask slipped, and you fell. All your tomorrows start here." ~ Neil Gaiman

"Sometimes I dream that I have worms in my scrotum." ~ BJ

"Everything's great until you're 11 or 12 and BAM you've got pubic hair and the party's over." ~ BJ

"I would miss you even if I never got the chance to meet you."

"Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated." ~ Lamartine

"The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected." ~ The Notebook

"To die and part is a less evil, but to part and live, there, there is the torment." ~ George Lansdowne

"A goodbye isn't painful unless you're never going to say hello again."

"Missing you could turn from pain to pleasure, if I knew you were missing me too."

"Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me...the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you."

"One man I can never meet. Him, I would like to give my whole heart to." ~ The Lake House

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."

"Knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping. And that even the biggest failure, even the worst most intractable mistake beats the hell out of never trying." Grey's Anatomy

"I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd say it had a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure. Fear of pain. Fear of rejection. Sometimes the fear is just of making a decision, because what if you're wrong. What if you make a mistake you can't undo. Whatever it is we're afraid of, one thing holds true. That by the time the pain of not doing the thing gets worse than the fear of doing it." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"When I met you, I thought I had found the person that I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I was done! You left me. I'm all glued back together now. I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"The things that I remember the best--those are the things I wasn't supposed to do and I did them anyway. The thing is: life is too damn short to be following these rules." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"You're letting her think you're emotionally available. You're letting her think she has a chance. And there is nothing worse in the world than thinking you have a chance when you really don't." ~ Grey's Anatomy

1 comment: