Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quotes Vol. 15

"Juliet was an idiot. For starters she falls for the one guy she knows she can't have. Then she blames fate for her own bad decision. When fate comes into play, choice sometimes goes out the window. Love like life is about making choices. And fate has nothing to do with it. Everything it's so romantic. Romeo & Juliet. Tru love. How sad. If Juliet was stupid enough to fall for the enemy, drink a bottle of poison and go to sleep in a mausoleum...she deserved whatever she got. Maybe Romeo & Juliet were fated to be together but just for a while. And then their time passed. If they could've known that beforehand maybe it would've all been okay. Even now I believe for the most part love is about choices. It's about putting down the poison and the dagger and making your own happy ending...most of the intentions, fate wins anyway." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"I feel like one of those people who's so freaking miserable they can't be around normal people. Like I'll infect the happy people." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"At the end of the day all we really have is ourselves. And nothing in this world can make you feel more alone than that." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"If you know what you want, then you end up with a lot that you don't."

"Do you know I can't remember the last time we kissed. Cause you never think the last time is the last time. You think there'll be more. You think you have forever but you don't." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"Okay so sometimes even the best of us make rash decisions. Bad decisions. Decisions we pretty much know we're gonna regret the moment, the minute, especially the morning after. I mean maybe not regret, regret because at least you know we put ourselves out there. But still...something inside us decides to do a crazy thing. A thing we know that'll probably turn around and bite us in the ass. Yet, we do it anyway." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"Is there a reason why a broken dream can never fly? Is there a reason you believe and then you close your eyes? Give me a reason why you hide away so much inside. If there's a reson, I don't know why."

"We're supposed to forget about the past that brought us here, ignore the future complications that might arise and go for the quick fix." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"But the world is full of unexpected twists and turns. And just when you've gotten the lay of the land, the ground underneath you, shifts. And knocks you off your feet." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?" ~ Grey's Anatomy

"I've heard that it's possible to grow up--I've just never met anyone who's actually done it. Without parents to defy, we break the rules we make for ourselves. We throw tantrums when things don't go our way, we whisper secrets with our best friends in the dark, we look for comfort where we can find it, and we hope, against all logic, against all experience. Like children, we never give up hope." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"I kissed you , with tongue, and I plan to do it again and again--get used to it. End of discussion." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"Occasionally I'm callous and strange." ~ Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"It's a sham with yams, it's a yam sham." ~ Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Actually I feel quite well, except for the rage." ~ Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"You're like coming up for fresh air. It's like I was drowning and you saved me." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"People--they pray for the future, mourn over the past and hate the present." ~ The Hermit and The Harlot

"Let's play a game of whose life sucks worse...I'll win, I always win." ~ Grey's Anatomy

"Smile. Sometimes it makes people think you are insane."

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option."

"It doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get, or gyms you join, or how many glasses of chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends...you still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong or how you could have misunderstood. And how in the hell for that brief moment you could think that you were that happy. And sometimes you can even convince yourself that he'll see the light and show up at your door. And after all that, however long all that may be, you'll go somewhere new, and you'll meet people who make you feel worthwhile again. And little pieces of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff, those years of your life that you wasted, that will eventually begin to fade." ~ The Holiday

"I've found almost everything ever written about love to be true. Shakespeare said 'Journeys end in lovers meeting'. What an extraordinary thought. Personally, I have not experienced anything remotely close to that, but I am more than willing to believe Shakespeare had. I suppose I think about love more than anyone really should. I am constantly amazed by its sheer power to alter and define our lives. It was Shakespeare who also said 'love is blind'. Now that is something I know to be true. For some quite inexplicably, love fades; for others love is simply lost. But then of course love can also be found, even if just for the night. And then, there's another kind of love: the cruelest kind. The one that almost kills its victims. It's called unrequited love. Of that I am an expert. Most love stories are about people who fall in love with each other. But what about the rest of us? What about our stories, those of us who fall in love alone? We are the victims of the one sided affair. We are the cursed of the loved ones. We are the unloved ones, the walking wounded. The handicapped without the advantage of a great parking space. Yes, you are looking at one such individual. And I have willingly loved that man for over three miserable years. The absolute worst years of my life. The worst Christmas', the worst birthdays, New Years Eve's brought in by tears and Valium. These years that I have been in love have been the darkest days of my life. All because I've been cursed by being in love with a man who does not and will not love me back. Oh God, just the sight of him! Heart pounding, throat thickening, absolutely can't swallow. All the usual symptoms." ~ The Holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment