Sunday, December 16, 2012

Chocolate Goodie Bars and Mini Apple Pies

This first recipe I got off of a Betty Crocker brownie mix box a long time ago.
First you make the brownie mix for the supreme brownies that comes with Hershey sauce...
 Spread that in a 9x13 pan...
 Let it cool down...
 Then frost with vanilla frosting and put in the fridge...
 Melt a bag of semisweet chocolate chips and some peanut butter...
 Add some Rice Krispies...
 And spread that over the top.
 This is what you get. This was way too rich for me and had too much going on. Not recommended.
 Next is a Pinterest recipe for mini apple pies...
Cut up some apples into small pieces...
 Mix in the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg...

 Then cut out pie shells with a mason jar lid...
 Pinch them around the edges of a muffin pan...
 Fill and add little pats of butter to each one.
 Cover with scraps of pie crust and bake.

 These were really good and tasted just like a big pie...of course I won't try anything with apples again until I find my mom's apple corer, peeler, slicer. Had lots of apple slices go flying across the room trying to cut them myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment