Sunday, April 8, 2012

King Cake and random art projects

Here are the pics of the King Cake I took to work for Mardi Gras.
Mixing up some dough. I used a coffee cake recipe instead of making actual bread.

Dough is all thick and ready to go.

Cinnamon-sugar mix.

Put cinnamon and sugar mix between layers of dough in the bundt pan.

And you can just barely see the baby sticking out towards the back...


All done. It smelled so amazing in my house when this was baking.

Ready to decorate.

Glaze mixture.

The glaze basically ran down the cake and pooled on the bottom. So that was aggrivating.

So without much glaze, the sugar didn't stick very well....

All decorated with beads and black and white baby Jesus's.... It took 2 days for anyone to find the baby inside. Everyone loved it, but the bread was a little thick and chewy for my liking.

My Peter Max picture all done.

One of the first drawings I did this last month.

Starting progress on a new picture...


I haven't done anything past this right now...I'm in the middle of lots of projects at the moment so stay tuned to see if it ever gets finished.

My Peter Max all framed and hung in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment