Friday, July 16, 2010

The Beatles, the zoo, and three cheese stuffed meatballs.

The zoo has a summer concert series called Jungle Boogie Friday nights. When I was preparing to take my clients to the zoo last month, I saw that a band called Ticket to the Beatles would be there. I figured it would be a Beatles cover band, so I decided to check it out. I went to the zoo by myself, figuring if it sucked I could just leave at any time. I parked on the street and the zoo is free so I didn't have to spend a dime. I arrived about 20 minutes before the concert and found one of the last bench seats before the swarms of people came in. The stage was set up right in front of the lake and by the cafe and Build-a-Bear workshop. I wasn't expecting a lot of people, but everyone came prepared with lawn chairs and coolers with wine and beer.
The band was awesome. They actually knew how to play their instruments. They played only Beatles songs which made it so much better. At first nobody was dancing except for this crazy guy....
I wish I had gotten video of him, but I'm attempting to upload a video from the concert now. He danced very Eileen from Seinfeld-esque. During the break in the middle of the concert he had to change his shirt because he sweated through the first one.
I took a walk around the area towards the end of the concert and we were right by the sea lions, who seemed to have all gone into a coma from the music. Here's a side view of the stage with more people dancing. All of the kids were basically running around in circles in front of the stage.
Here's an up-close shot of the group. They play all over the St. Louis area and I just went to another one of their concerts last night. Their website is http://www.tickettothebeatles.com/ . I would recommend going and taking the kids.
And best part of all....they have George Harrison!!!! (AKA George Smith) He is my favorite Beatle and looks just like George from the Let It Be album cover. He plays the same guitar as George, and holds it up high like he did. I'll have more video soon of him playing While My Guitar Gently Weeps from last night soon. I had to resist the urge to ask him to take a picture with me.
Last shot before leaving the zoo after hours, the lake behind the stage.
Next up, three cheese stuffed meatballs.
Lots of meat, seasoning, and ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese!!!
They looked so good...
Add some spaghetti and this is one of my favorite new recipes so far. Not sure if I'll make the meatballs so big next time.
Video from the concert!!! All the middle-aged women dancing LOL.

1 comment:

  1. They sound awesome.....and the meatballs look great.

    ReplyDelete