Saturday, February 9, 2013

Wild Lights and Andes Mint Cake

Here was my tree with all of the presents...
 Pics from the Wild Lights at the zoo...





 Penguins!!!
 Here is the Andes Mint cake that I made for Christmas, recipe on Pinterest....

Start with the dry ingredients...
 Egg and oil...
 Chop up a bunch of Andes mints...
 And add them to the batter...
 Then bake
 The cakes did not come out of the pans well....but I got to scoop out the excess and eat it warm, and the cake part was delicious!
 Stacking....
 Making the mint buttercream...
 The recipe was way off and was too runny even though I tried to add more powdered sugar...
 Very drippy icing....
 Chocolate chips...
 Boiling whipping cream....
 Pour it over the chips and stir to melt....
 With the ganache on top.
I woke up the next morning and the green icing had oozed out all of the green food coloring into a slime...so this whole cake had to go into the trash... : (

No comments:

Post a Comment